Join the Movement to Bring Solar Energy to the American People
Signature Count: 33,891
In the midst of some of the worst energy disasters in America’s history—the BP oil spill and the West Virginia coal mine explosion—lawmakers in Washington haven’t listened to the American people.
This fall, SEIA will march to the U.S. Capitol and deliver your demand for clean, safe, reliable solar energy.
Learn more details about the Solar Bill of Rights and the policies needed to deploy more solar in the U.S.
Why a Solar Bill of Rights?
- From 2002-08, fossil fuels got $72B in federal subsidies. Solar received less than 5 times that number.
- 92% of Americans think it's important to develop & use solar energy.
- Oil & gas operates on 13M acres of public land. Solar has been approved for 0.
- Each state has different standards for connecting solar to the grid.
- Not all solar customers are paid retail rates for excess electricity generated.
- Learn more about the Solar Bill of Rights